All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'What are we, Papa?' the toy mouse child asked his father. 'I don't kw,' the father answered. 'We must wait and see.' So begins the story of a tin father and son who dance under a Christmas tree until they break the ancient clockwork rules and are themselves broken. Thrown away, then rescued from a dustbin and repaired by a tramp, they set out on a dangerous quest for a family and a place of their own - the magnificent doll's house, the plush elephant and the tin seal they had once kw in the toy shop.
- Author BiographyRussell Hoban was born in Pennsylvania in 1925. He went to art school before serving in World War II and was a freelance illustrator eight years before taking up full-time writing. His many works of fiction and poetry for both adults and children have won him many awards. The Mouse and his Child has been hailed as one of the great children's classics of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Russell Hoban
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFaber Children's Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight251 g
- Width135 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.