All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionMatthew has a problem. His mouth has a mind of its own. His brain thinks one thing, but his mouth says ather. He can't participate in class discussions. He can't ask the other kids to play with him at recess. He can't even say his own name! Luckily, he is referred to the school speech therapist, who helps him tame his wild mouth. This story was written by Patricia L. Mervine, M.A., CCC, a speech/language pathologist who works with students like Matthew every day. Reviews for The Mouth With a Mind of Its Own: With a perfect blend of humor, fact, and whimsy, Pat Mervine has fashioned a story that needed to be told. This entertaining, educational book will delight and inform t only the children, but their parents and teachers, as well. -- Linda Eve Seth, SLP, M.Ed. Author & Presenter Cute, informative, and fun to read! A terrific and realistic story to educate, motivate, and inspire your speech kids, as well as parents. -- Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP, Speech Dynamics, Inc., Author & Presenter
- Author BiographyPatricia L. Mervine, M.A., CCC, is a speech/language pathologist, assistive technology consultant, and children's book author. She has been working to improve the communication skills of children for over 20 years. Pat is the creator of the popular web site, www.speakingofspeech.com, and the blog, www.speakingofspeech.blog.com, two tremendous resources for SLPs, teachers, parents, and other who support children who have communication impairments. She is the also the author of How Katie Got a Voice (and a cool new nickname) and There Was a Speech Teacher Who Swallowed Some Dice. You can learn more about Pat and her books at her author site, www.patmervine.com.
- Author(s)Patricia L Mervine
- PublisherSpeaking of Speech.Com., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpeaking of Speech.Com., Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nayan Soni
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.