All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Movie Book makes you an offer you can't refuse, chronicling more than 100 of the best movies ever made and bringing cinema to life. Beginning with the iconic La Voyage Dans La Lune from 1902, right through to Richard Linklater's ground breaking Boyhood, The Movie Book explores the rich history of cinema. The Movie Book covers early visionaries of the 1900's and the golden age of black and white films, to international art-house and 21st-century sci-fi. Through iconic quotes and film stills, to posters, biographies, movie memorabilia and narrative timelines, discover every aspect of your favourite movies, as well as the films you need to see. Essential for anyone with a passion for cinema, The Movie Book is ready for it's close up.
- Author BiographyDanny Leigh is a writer and broadcaster who co-hosts BBC One's Film programme with Claudia Winkleman. He writes for a range of newspapers, magazines and websites, including The Guardian and The Financial Times. The author of two novels - The Greatest Gift and The Monsters of Gramercy Park - he is currently working on a third.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBig Ideas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Weight1265 g
- Width202 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.