All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecuperating from a flying accident, Jerry Burton needs to take a break somewhere peaceful. He and his sister Joanna rent a house in the little village of Lymstock, where they kw -one and hope to be able to relax. Their quiet life is shattered, however, by the arrival of an obscene anymous letter accusing them of impropriety. Jerry refuses to take it seriously and throws it on the fire. But during a routine check-up with the local GP, Doctor Griffiths, he soon discovers that theirs is by means the first unpleasant missive: a number of other village residents have been similarly harassed. Suspicion is rife, and matters are brought to a head by the suicide of one of the letters' recipients. With the whole village in a state of shock, the vicar's wife decides to invite down an old friend with considerable experience of the darker side of human nature. Can Miss Marple's arrival in Lymstock cast light on events? And can she discover the culprit before more deaths occur? One of Agatha Christie's own favourite vels is dramatised with a full cast including Clare Corbett and Nicholas Boulton. 2 CDs. 1 hr 30 mins.
- Author Biography<b>Agatha Christie </b>was born in 1890. During the World War I she worked as a hospital dispenser, where she gleaned the working knowledge of various poisons. Her first novel was <i>The Mysterious Affair at Styles</i>, published in 1920, followed over the next six years by four more detective novels and a short story collection. However, it was not until the publication of <i>The Murder of Roger Ackroyd</i> that Agatha Christie s reputation was firmly established. In 1930 the sharp-witted spinster sleuth Miss Marple made her first appearance in <i>Murder at the Vicarage.</i> In all, Agatha Christie published 80 crime novels and short story collections. As her play <i>The Mousetrap</i> (the longest-running play in the history of the theater) testifies, Agatha Christie s detective stories are likely to appeal for a long time to come. Agatha Christie was awarded a CBE in 1956 and was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1971. She died in 1976.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication09/01/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight105 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byClare Corbett,Full Cast,June Whitfield,Nicholas Boulton
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time90
- Edition StatementA&M
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.44
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.55
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.38
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.23
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.