All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume of the series explains how to customize the JetBrains Meta-Programming System (MPS) platform to better integrate it with the needs of your languages. Volume II continues where Volume I ended and discusses more advanced features of the MPS platform. This book includes a detailed example to illustrate the design and implementation of a custom web aspect. This detailed example illustrates how the advanced features of the MPS platform make it possible to design languages suitable to generate complete applications. The Meta-Programming System (MPS) is a new kind of tool called a language workbench that makes it easier and more fun to write programs. With traditional programming, it is common to choose one programming language to solve a problem and being limited by this choice. When working with MPS you can use and combine different languages to solve a problem. You can also create simple languages (e.g., Domain Specific Languages) or extend existing ones when the languages available do t exactly meet the evolving needs of the problem at hand. The languages that you create with MPS will integrate nicely with languages developed by others. MPS is open-source and can be obtained from http: //jetbrains.com/mps.
- Author BiographyFabien Campagne, PhD, is the head of a scientific laboratory working in the field of Bioinformatics. His laboratory develops computational approaches to help manage and analyze biological data (http: //campagnelab.org). Over the years, Dr. Campagne has led the development of several large-scale bioinformatics systems that take advantage of a wide range of software engineering and programming techniques. Dr. Campagne is routinely evaluating new approaches to software engineering and programming that can help his laboratory develop bioinformatics software more efficiently. He wrote these books because he found the MPS Language Workbench a very powerful open-source tool for programming and system design, which lacked a well-designed and accessible introductory and reference textbook.
- Author(s)Fabien Campagne
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.