All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the 10 Rules Every Artist or Band should kw about music copyright law, the two copyrights in every song, the two worlds of music, and all the revenue streams that songs generate. The Music Copyright Manual is the essential guide to Music Copyright Law in this digital age. The book is divided in four main sections. In section one, you will learn what is copyright and how to establish one, along with copyright duration and transfer, and what is music publishing. In section two, you will learn all the exclusive rights you get with a copyright and the money streams associated with those rights and how to take advantage of those. You will also learn the keys to joint authorship and what a work-for-hire is and how to retain full ownership of your songs. Section three covers the new realities of the digital music world, including the most recent right of digital audio transmission. You will learn about the revenue sources from music streaming, Youtube, and master recordings. In the final section, music copyright infringement is discussed. You will learn what a plaintiff must prove, defenses, damages, and how to avoid being sued for copyright infringement.
- Author BiographyJim Jesse is a 25-year attorney, and a life-long music lover and songwriter. He has released two albums and travels around the country giving seminars to lawyers, musicians and artists regarding music copyright law.
- Author(s)Jim Jesse
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/12/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.