All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Music Industry Handbook, Second edition is an expert resource and guide for all those seeking an authoritative and user-friendly overview of the music industry today. The new edition includes coverage of the latest developments in music streaming, including new business models created by the streaming service sector. There is also expanded exploration of the music industry in different regions of the UK and in other areas of Europe, and coverage of new debates within the music industry, including the impact of copyright extensions on the UK music industry and the business protocols involved when music is used in film and advertising. The Music Industry Handbook, Second edition also includes: * in-depth explorations of different elements of the music industry, including the live music sector, the recording industry and the classical music business * analysis of business practices across all areas of the industry, including publishing, synchronisation and trading in the music industry * profiles presenting interviews with key figures workings in the music industry * detailed further reading for each chapter and a glossary of essential music industry terms.
- Author BiographyPaul Rutter is an Associate Professor and Programme Group Leader of the Popular Music Scheme at Southampton Solent University, UK. He is a writer, musician, international songwriter/composer and music producer. Paul is a regular on-air guest contributor, commentator and research consultant in BBC media on popular music news and issues and has over 30 years' experience in the music industry. He is also chapter author of 'Soundtracks: Using Music in Film' in The Film Handbook (Mark de Valk with Sarah Arnold, 2013).
- Author(s)Paul Rutter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleMedia Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 26 black & white halftones
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.