All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a small backyard workshop on the outskirts of Melbourne, Maton Guitars has grown into a truly inspiring Australian success story. In 1946, Bill May crafted a guitar in his Melbourne garage that he wanted the world to hear and to play. In a matter of years, it was in the hands of Elvis Presley on film. Later, a Maton played the riff that defined a generation on the Rolling Stones' 'Gimme Shelter'. Today, Maton are an essential part of music culture in Australia and around the world. This is t only a book for guitar lovers - it's an intimate family history and an essential part of Australian music history. Compiling over ten years of research, and over two years in production, this book is as well-crafted and family-owned as Maton guitars themselves. Go behind-the-scenes to meet the artisan guitar makers. Read the stories behind the songs created with Maton guitars. And go backstage to meet the bands and musicians that have, with a Maton in hand, shaped our musical world. Packed full of interviews with the greats - from jazz legend George Golla to guitar virtuoso Tommy Emmanuel; from Archie Roach, and The Wiggles, to Daniel Johns, Paul Kelly, and Josh Homme, and many more ...Published to coincide with Maton's 70th anniversary, The Music That Maton Made is a comprehensive, full-colour tribute to a home-grown guitar range that has been embraced by famous musicians and guitar enthusiasts around the world.
- Author BiographyThe Music That Maton Made was produced by Story Matters Most, with contributions from Andrew McUtchen, Jeff Jenkins, and Barry Divola. The project manager for The Music That Maton Made was Chantel de Fraga.
- Author(s)Andrew McUtchen,Barry Divola,Jeff Jenkins
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication02/05/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight1880 g
- Width218 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- danielmcg200722 Sep, 2016by
Excellent telling of the story of Maton guitars
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.