All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMustard has a long and fascinating history weaving back through many different cultures. It was being cultivated even earlier than 4000BC. The peppery flavoured leaves of the plant can be eaten and are indeed one of the mainstays of southern American soul food cooking and its seeds can be pressed to make oil as well as used whole. This is the first authoritative book on the subject and covers all aspects of its history, cultivation and its many and varied uses, both culinary and medicinal. There is something here for everyone from the professional chef, who may want to learn how to make mustard from scratch, to the home cook. The bulk of the book is dedicated to over 150 recipes using mustard as an ingredient and includes recipes for sauces, soups, starters, fish, poultry, game, meat, vegetables, pickles, baking, savouries and puddings. There is also a section on making mustard at home. Among the tempting treats to try are Mostarda di Cremona, w a fashionable relish on many tables, glazes for baked hams, chicken wings with mustard and lime, mackerel in black treacle and mustard, lapin moutarde (one of the classics of the French kitchen), glazed salt beef with mustard sauce, mustard seed sausages, mustard greens in coconut milk, piccalilli (probably one of the most famous pickles), spiced gingerbread and mustard seed and allspice biscuits.
- Author BiographyRobin Weir is the co-author of Ices the definitive guide one of Grub Street's best-selling titles. Rosamond Man has written extensively on food and is the author of a number of highly successful cookbooks.
- Author(s)Robin Weir,Roz Perrott
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication02/08/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.