All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reprint of a classic archaeology book on Easter Island was first published in London in 1919. Heavily illustrated with a wealth of old photos, this treasure trove of information begins with Routledge's yacht voyage from England across the Atlantic, and around South America to Easter Island. Her account of this incredible adventure is one of the first ever of the life, history and legends of this strange and remote place. Detailing the statues, pyramid platforms, Rongo Rongo script, Bird Cult, and the war between the Short Ears and the Long Ears, Routledge and her companions explore the secret caves and walk the ancient island roads. This rare early account of Easter Island has served as a primary source for the theories that have evolved to explain Easter Island's enduring mysteries.
- Author(s)Katherine Routledge
- PublisherAdventures Unlimited Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- Series TitleMystic Traveller S.
- Place of PublicationKempton, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintAdventures Unlimited Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew ed of 1919 ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.