All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Transfiguration is a mystery of divine happiness. From Chapter Two Jesus encountered the Father in a moment of dazzling glory at the Transfiguration on Mount Tabor. This event took place as Jesus prayed, a point that brings the meaning of the Transfiguration close to us: As Jesus was transfigured in prayer, so we can be transfiguredbrought from one degree of glory to atherthrough prayerful contemplation of Christ. The Mystery of the Transfiguration considers this unparalleled event from the perspective of Scripture and some of the great teachers of the Church. But ultimately, Father Cantalamessa explains, his goal is to bring you up Mount Tabor in prayer so that in gazing on Christ, you will become like Christ, transformed in glory.
- Author BiographyRANIERO CANTALAMESSA, O.F.M. Cap., is the preacher to the pontifical household. He is a former professor of the history of early Christianity, head of the department of religious studies at the Catholic University in Milan, member of the International Theological Commission and author of numerous books, including Sober Intoxication of the Spirit: Filled With the Fullness of God. He lives in Rome.
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight186 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.