All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionOn a clear day in March 1926, a middle-aged Irish woman arrived in Boston to retrieve a most unusual package: a baby boy, orphaned by his unwed mother and desperate for the care of a loving family. Christened Will Squires by his adoptive parents, the young boy soon discovers that the reasons for his adoption and the unwarranted kindness of his benefactor, the local judge, are shrouded in mystery. Struggling to make sense of his origin and identity, Will Squires stumbles upon an even greater mystery-the work of God's hand in his life. As his horizons broaden through education and travel, Will is exposed to many influential people who shape his character as God guides his destiny. Romance blooms and Will finds his calling and seeks to do the work of God wherever he finds himself. Enriched with biblical allusions and the author's own poetry, this biographical account of one man's incredible journey will delight readers with its fascinating array of characters, wonderful sense of place, and most of all its surprising plot twists. Ultimately, William McDowell seeks to convey the message of God's unfailing grace, as revealed to an orphan whose life story has become his most treasured testimony.
- Author BiographyWilliam H. McDowell was born in America and spent his early life in Canada. After serving in the Canadian Army, he graduated with a bachelor of arts in English literature from the University of Toronto in Ontario, then went on to earn a master of divinity degree in biblical languages and philosophy from Westminster Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He received a second master's in communications from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. The honorary degree of Litt.D. was later conferred on McDowell by Toccoa Falls College in Toccoa Falls, Georgia. For several years McDowell worked in communications at an aerospace organization in Florida. He then embarked on a new career teaching philosophy and religion at Florida Southern College in Orlando, Florida. His most fulfilling endeavor arose from an invitation to serve for over seven years as English Editor for a contemporary Bible translation published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc., in Nashville, Tennessee. McDowell survives his beloved wives Martha Hansen and Jean Anthony. He currently resides in DeLand, Florida.
- Author(s)William H McDowell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.