All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>From the creator of FAIRIE-ALITY, an eerie tale-within-a-tale weaves stunning photographs into a thrilling, time-shifting mystery that leaves readers questioning what is real.</b> Some say the English Downs are haunted by fairy creatures and that those who find a flint stone with a hole through it can look into the fairies' realm. It is just such a stone that leads photographer David Ellwand on a dark journey to the past, one that starts with a musty wooden chest and a nineteenth-century journal and ends with a disappearance as sudden as a vintage camera's flash. In this journal-within-a-journal, illustrated by Ellwand's exquisite photographs, lies a tale of archaeologists and fairies, human hubris and otherworldly revenge, the magic of the natural world and the mystery of the imagination.
- Author BiographyDavid Ellwand, creator of the internationally renowned FAIRIE-ALITY, CINDERLILY, and many other acclaimed books, is a photographer, artist, and printmaker whose home in West Sussex, England, is located very near the mysterious happenings in this book. Ruth Ellwand, a children's publishing specialist, previously collaborated with her husband, David, on MIDAS MOUSE. She lives with him in West Sussex, England.
- Author(s)David Ellwand,Ruth Ellwand
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)David Ellwand
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.