All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to get past the most common myths about creativity to design truly invative strategies We tend to think of creativity in terms reminiscent of the ancient muses: divinely-inspired, unpredictable, and bestowed upon a lucky few. But when our jobs challenge us to be creative on demand, we must develop vel, useful ideas that will keep our organizations competitive. The Myths of Creativity demystifies the processes that drive invation. Based on the latest research into how creative individuals and firms succeed, David Burkus highlights the mistaken ideas that hold us back and shows us how anyone can embrace a practical approach, grounded in reality, to finding the best new ideas, projects, processes, and programs. * Answers questions such as: What causes us to be creative in one moment and void in the next? What makes someone more or less creative than his or her peers? Where do our flashes of creative insight come from, and how can we generate more of them? * Debunks 10 common myths, including: the Eureka Myth; the Lone Creator Myth; the Incentive Myth; and The Brainstorming Myth * Written by David Burkus, founder of popular leadership blog LDRLB For anyone who struggles with creativity, or who makes excuses for delaying the work of invation, The Myths of Creativity will help you overcome your obstacles to finding new ideas.
- Author BiographyDavid Burkus is the founder and editor of LDRLB, an online publication that shares insights from research on leadership, innovation, and strategy. He is assistant professor of management at Oral Roberts University and also a regular columnist for 99U and The Creativity Post. He lives outside Tulsa, Oklahoma, with his wife and son. For more information, please visit www.davidburkus.com or on Twitter via @davidburkus.
- Author(s)David Burkus
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight422 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.