All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.07Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionLucy and Megan Nakai, middle-school aged, Navajo sisters, are contacted by secretive mythical beings who call themselves pinecians. The beings invite the girls to tour the strange world of the colony by entering a hidden place, a tiny universe confined to the remote tunnels and fissures inside a stately pine tree. At first, alarmed and frightened, the sisters return home to reflect on the odd creatures and their enticing promises. Here is an opportunity to experience a new society and culture, a bizarre world where insects are predators and new experiences challenge the sisters' old worldview. But why do the pinecians insist on secrecy and what assistance do these creatures need? And most important of all, what is the link between the pinecians and the Insect Beings of Navajo creation history? Are the old stories passed down from their father really true? Only a return to the secretive and perilous pinecian landscape will lead them to the answers. Although the pinecian world is gritty and sparse, the energetic and hospitable hosts melt away the sisters' reservations. The siblings experience the cultural traditions of the colony, as well as discover the colorful history of pinecian lore. However, there is a lingering anxiety, a sense of the creeps as Megan puts it, which keeps the girls on edge. Perhaps some will stop at thing, including murder, to keep the colony's secret. Written with an eye for nature and wildlife, this tale melds Navajo prehistory with the mythical pinecian world to create a page-turning adventure.
- Author BiographyTim Haran makes his home in Northern Arizona with his wife and three children. Hiking the pine forests and desert canyons are among his favorite pastimes.
- Author(s)Timothy J Haran
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.