Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Celebrated Four-language Edition of the Nakaz. A major document of the Enlightenment, the Nakaz, or Instruction, composed by Catherine the Great served to guide the assembly summoned in 1766 to draft a new code of laws for the Russian Empire. Drawn from Montesquieu, Rousseau, and other Enlightenment thinkers, the Nakaz condemned torture and capital punishment and endorsed such principles as the equality of all before the law. Published in the principal European tongues, it proved to be a statement to the world as much as a practical legal text. The present edition contains the Russian, French, German, Latin, and two contemporary English translations, biographical tes, and a bibliography. William E. Butler is the John Edward Fowler Distinguished Professor of Law and Director of the Vigradoff Institute at the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law and Emeritus Professor of Comparative Law at University College London; Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences.
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byVladimir A Tomsinov,William E Butler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.