All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fascinating story of Lydia Lova; one of the most decorated women in France for her war-time resistance work; later a nude dancer at the Folies Bergere. The author, then a journalist working in Paris, heard about Lydia dancing nude at the Folies and became fascinated by her story. He traces the life story of Lydia, born in Poland to a Count, who as a young girl in 1939 joined the French resistance network run by her father. For eighteen months she danced for the German officers in Pigalle by day, and by night she spied on them. Then came betrayal and she and her father were arrested by the Gestapo. She was sent to Ravensbruck concentration camp. Somehow this young girl organized her own resistance movement inside the camp and avoided the gas chamber. For her services she was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion d'Honneur. The Naked Heroine is an exciting and moving story about one woman's fight and love for her country.
- Author BiographyJohn Izbicki is the author of his autobiography, Life Between the Lines, published to great critical acclaim. He worked as a journalist for the Telegraph for many years, including two stints in Paris, where he met Lydia Lova and had many scoops, including the first interview with Paul Getty.
- Author(s)John Izbicki
- PublisherUmbria Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUmbria Press
- Content Note24 black and white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.