All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionIt's back - and this time it's even more revealing. In this completely updated and expanded edition, top trader Robbie Burns gives you the lowdown on the strategies you need to make money from the stock market without having to sit at a screen all day. Robbie quit the rat race in 2001, and believes you can do it too. The original Naked Trader flew off the shelves as the glowing reviews from readers mounted up. This new edition contains loads of new stuff: more essential tips, more key facts, more ideas, more insights, more real-life tales and an awful lot more toast. Robbie, aka the Naked Trader , is your expert and highly entertaining guide to the often baffling world of the stock market. In between cups of tea, rounds of toast and the occasional 'cuddle' with Mrs Naked Trader, he describes the straightforward techniques that have enabled him to succeed in the markets, escape the rat race and make a lot of money. This book tells you all you need to kw. If you're a complete beginner you can start here or if you're currently trading but want to learn some new ideas - get reading w! Robbie reveals his trading secrets gathered from ten years of money making. From how to find good shares in the first place, ensuring you don't buy a complete stinker, to using spread betting to enhance gains and how to make big returns quickly from smaller companies. There's also his simple 'traffic lights' system, which makes reading company reports a doddle, and real traders reveal their horror stories and winning tips! This time, Robbie reveals his top 10 secret winning strategies - 10 sure-fire ways to ensure only the best shares get bought. Plus, how to get the confidence to hold onto winning shares and get rid of losers, and how to buy and sell at the right time. Packed with practical and easy to follow advice, everything is explained simply with ne of the incomprehensible jargon found in so many other books. Whether you just want to make a few quid on the side while you're at work or you want to go on to make money from the markets full-time and quit work like Robbie, this book is all you need to get started - so grab some tea, toast and relax, and just maybe a richer future awaits!
- Author BiographyRobbie Burns has been a journalist and writer since he graduated from Harlow Journalism College in 1981. After starting life as a reporter and editor for various local newspapers, from 1988-1992 he was editor of ITV and Channel 4's teletext services. He also wrote ITV's daily teletext soap opera Park Avenue for 5 years. He then went on to freelance for various newspapers including The Independent and The Sun, and also helped set up a financial news service for CNN. In 1997, he became editor for BSkyB's teletext services and set up their shares and finance service. While there he also set up various entertainment phone lines in conjunction with BSkyB including a Buffy The Vampire Slayer phone line which made him nearly GBP250,000. He left full-time work in 2001 to trade and run his own businesses which included a cafe in London which he sold, doubling his money on the initial purchase. While at BSkyB, Robbie broadcast a diary of his share trades which became hugely popular. He transferred the diary to his website, www.nakedtrader.co.uk, which became one of the most read financial websites in the UK. Between 2002 and 2005, he wrote a column for The Sunday Times, 'My DIY Pension', featuring share buys and sells made for his pension fund which he runs himself in a SIPP. He managed to double the money in his pension fund from 40,000 to 80,000 in under three years as chronicled in the Sunday Times. By mid 2007, he doubled it again, reaching GBP165,000. Robbie now writes a weekly column for the leading financial website, ADVFN.com. Robbie has made a tax free profit of well over 500,000 from trading shares since 1999, and has made a profit every year, even during the market downturn of 2000-2002. Public trades made for his website have made more than GBP400,000. He lives in a riverside apartment on the Thames with his wife, Elizabeth, toddler son Christopher and cat Diddle. His hobbies include chess, running, swimming, horse racing, and trading shares from his bedroom, erm...naked. After all, he wouldn't be seen dead in a thong...
- Author(s)Robbie Burns
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/09/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.