All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1327. Franciscans in a wealthy Italian abbey are suspected of heresy, and Brother William of Baskerville arrives to investigate.When his delicate mission is suddenly overshadowed by seven bizarre deaths, Brother William turns detective. He collects evidence, deciphers secret symbols and coded manuscripts, and digs into the eerie labyrinth of the abbey where extraordinary things are happening under the over of night. A spectacular popular and critical success, The Name of the Rose is t only a narrative of a murder investigation but an astonishing chronicle of the Middle Ages.
- Author BiographyUmberto Eco is the author of four bestselling novels, The Name of The Rose, Foucault's Pendulum, The Island of The Day Before and Baudolino. His collections of essays also include Five Moral Pieces, Kant and the Platypus, Serendipities, Faith in Fakes, and How To Travel With a Salmon and Other Essays. A Professor of Semiotics at the University of Bologna, Umberto Eco lives in Italy.
- Author(s)Umberto Eco
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/1992
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemap Medium: Book
- Weight431 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byWilliam Weaver
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.