Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet against the backdrop of a lush and exotic Greece, The Names is considered the book which began to drive sharply upward the size of his readership ( Los Angeles Times Book Review ). Among the cast of DeLillo's bizarre yet fully realized characters in The Names are Kathryn, the narrator's estranged wife; their son, the six-year-old velist; Owen, the scientist; and the neurotic narrator obsessed with his own neuroses. A thriller, a mystery, and still a moving examination of family, loss, and the amorphous and magical potential of language itself, The Names stands with any of DeLillo's more recent and highly acclaimed works.
- Author BiographyDon DeLillo is the author of fifteen novels, including <i>Zero K</i>, <i>Underworld, Falling Man, White Noise, </i> and <i>Libra</i>. He has won the National Book Award, the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, the Jerusalem Prize for his complete body of work, and the William Dean Howells Medal from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. In 2010, he was awarded the PEN/Saul Bellow Prize. <i>The Angel Esmeralda</i> was a finalist for the 2011 Story Prize and the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction. In 2012, DeLillo received the Carl Sandburg Literary Award for his body of work.
- Author(s)Don DeLillo
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1989
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Paperbacks
- Weight308 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementVintage Books ed
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.05Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.