The Nanotech Pioneers: Where are They Taking Us? by Steven A. Edwards (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionHype, hope, or horror? This work is a vivid look at natechlogy, written by an insider and experienced science writer. The variety of new products and techlogies that will spin out of nascience is limited only by the imagination of the scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs drawn to this new field. Steve Edwards concentrates on the reader's self interest: military gadgets, wild fantasies of horror nabot predators and other sci-fi stuff, but presents a realistic view of how this new field of techlogy will affect people in the near future. He is in close contact with many pioneers in natechlogy, and includes their backgrounds to allow readers, especially college students considering a career in the field, to better imagine themselves in such positions. However, techlogy does t develop in a vacuum, and this book also looks at the social, political and ecomic changes attendant upon the development of natechlogy. It is for the science-interested general public as well as chemists, students, lecturers, chemical organizations, materials scientists, journalists, politicians, industry, physicists, and biologists.
- Author BiographySteve A. Edwards obtained his Ph.D. in Biology from the University of California in San Diego in 1980, then spent four years as an NIH postdoctoral fellow at Salk Institute at La Jolla, as well as holding a position of assistant professor at the biochemistry department of Meharry Medical College, Nashville. Since 1994, he has been a free lance writer and from 1997 onwards, he has been a free lance medical technology analyst for Business Communications Company, Inc., Norwalk. From 1998 on, he has taken on several editorial positions with BCC, serving as Contributing Editor for Medical Materials Update, Managing Editor of Applied Genetics News and Drug Discover/Technology News, and as editor for Nano Bio Convergence News, Cell Therapy News, and Biomolecular Diagnostics News. From 2002 to date, he has also been Vice President (Technologies) at Phaelixe, Inc. He received the American Heart Association New Investigator Award (1991 1993) and the NHLBI Minority School Faculty Development Award (1992 1994).
- Author(s)Steven A. Edwards
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/01/2006
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width245 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.