All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Narnia books are mysterious. Millions of people have been captivated by them, but are left with unanswered questions. Why are there seven books? Are they biblical allegories? If so, why do four of them seem to have biblical basis? Why do they lack uniformity? Why does Father Christmas appear in them? In The Narnia Code Michael Ward attempts to answer this puzzle. Drawing on Lewis' love of Medieval astromy, Ward breaks the Narnia 'code' and demonstrates the single theme that provides the link between all seven books. The author takes us through each of the seven Chronicles of Narnia and draws from the whole range of Lewis' other works to reveal the secret. Based on a groundbreaking scholarly work (Planet Narnia, OUP) that entered the Sunday Times best seller list, this fascinating book will cause the reader to understand Lewis in a whole new way. It has some important things to say about how we understand the universe and Christian faith today.
- Author BiographyMichael Ward is a minister in the Church of England, Chaplain of St. Peter's College, Oxford, and co-editor of The Cambridge Companion to C.S. Lewis.
- Author(s)Michael Ward
- PublisherSend The Light
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaternoster Press
- Weight259 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.