All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers topical information on ecology, conservation and management for Scottish native woodlands. This authoritative textbook provides a convenient single source of up to date information about the fascinating native woodland habitats of Scotland, putting these into their wider British, European and global contexts. It draws upon the author's two decades of professional experience of native woodland scientific research, survey and management, during which he has toured the country visiting and studying most of the important native woodlands in Scotland and many further afield. It will help the reader understand and value these irreplaceable natural resources, at a time when they are being called upon to produce an ever wider range of services to Scotland's people, while facing unprecedented threats from climate change, pests and disease. Whether you are a student of forest ecology, a private woodland owner, a professional forester or just interested in woodlands as a rambler or amateur naturalist, this attractive book will provide the information you need in one handy volume. It covers all major aspects of relevance to Scottish native woodland ecology, conservation and management within a single convenient volume. It is pitched at a technical level to attract those relatively new to the subject. It contains illustrated examples of the author's extensive record of woodland study within Scotland and beyond. It is a timely publication when interest in native woodlands has never been stronger.
- Author BiographyScott McG. Wilson is Consultant Forester and Forest Ecologist based in Aberdeen.
- PrizesShortlisted for Saltire Society Scottish Research Book of the Year Award 2015.
- Author(s)Scott Wilson
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note24 b&w illustrations, 50 colour illustrations, 8 b&w tables
- Weight612 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.