All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis illuminating and instructive book explores New Hampshire's stunning mosaic of natural communities. In photos, drawings, and accessible text, The Nature of New Hampshire takes you on a tour of landscapes as varied as alpine meadows, tidal marshes, riverbanks, forests, ponds, dunes, and cliffs. Readers will gain a new understanding and appreciation for the state's exceptional natural heritage. Natural communities are recurring associations of plants and animals found in particular physical environments. They are the dynamic habitats in which native species live. Based on more than twenty years of ecological research, the New Hampshire Natural Heritage Bureau developed the classification of the nearly 200 natural community types presented in this essential guide. The communities are organized into eight categories: alpine and subalpine, rocky ground, forests, peatlands, swamps, marshes, river channels and floodplains, and seacoast. With gorgeous photographs, informative text, and recommended places to visit, The Nature of New Hampshire provides an important common language for conservation planning and informed land stewardship. Whether used as a field guide or an at-home resource, this book will help readers reconnect with their surroundings, and understand the places they value.
- Author BiographyDAN SPERDUTO served as Senior Ecologist for the New Hampshire chapter of The Nature Conservancy and now operates Sperduto Ecological Services LLC in Canterbury. BEN KIMBALL is Senior Conservation and GIS Manager for the New Hampshire Natural Heritage Bureau in Concord.
- Author(s)Ben Kimball,Daniel D. Sperduto
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Note315 colour illus., 23 tables, 5 maps, 23 figs.
- Weight1048 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.