Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does time appear to run in only one direction? We remember the past- but why t the future? We can influence the future- but could we, even theoretically, influence the past?Generations of philosophers and theologians, physicists and mathematicians have puzzles and speculated about these and the many other questions that surround the concept of time. Recent scientific work is said to explain the directionality of time. But time still contains many mysteries- black holes and big bangs, asymmetries and relativities, arrows and loops - that will doubtless continue to occupy us for centuries to come.In this impressive collection of original articles ten internationally kwn scholars explore and explains the nature of time, apace and w space-time. Founded on the latest developments in thermodynamics, quantum theory and cosmology, their ideas will fascinate anyone interested in Einstein's theory of relativity.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/1989
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMichael Lockwood,Raymond Flood
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.