All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe most complete resource of its kind, complete with up-to-date photographs, line drawings and useful appendixes Continuing the longstanding tradition as the most complete naval resource of its kind, this updated 19th edition of The Naval Institute Guide to the Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. meets the high expectations and exacting standards of those who rely on this volume to stay informed and to make related policy, force level, techlogical and weapons decisions. Packed with comprehensive information, up-to-date photographs, line drawings, and useful appendixes, this timely new guide describes the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard during an intensive period of transformation while engaged in combat operations as the Muslim world undergoes dramatic changes. In describing ships and aircraft, extensive coverage is given to the new littoral combat ships, joint high-speed vessels, GERALD R. FORD-class aircraft carriers, and other new ships as well as developments in shipboard ballistic missile defense. At the same time, the convoluted path in surface combatant construction is deciphered while the belated decision to cancel the Marine expeditionary fighting vehicle is explained. Also addressed in detail is the new F-35 series joint strike fighter and other aviation programs. Similarly addressed are Navy personnel, Marine Corps issues, Coast Guard forces, marine mammals, unmanned underwater and aerial vehicles, and other aspects of U.S. naval forces.
- Author BiographyNorman Polmar is an internationally known analyst, consultant, and award-winning author specialising in naval, aviation, and intelligence areas.
- Author(s)Norman Polmar
- PublisherNaval Institute Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAnnopolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNaval Institute Press
- Content Note1000 illustrations and photos
- Weight2087 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement19th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.