Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe primary objective of this mograph is to develop an elementary and se- containedapproachtothemathematicaltheoryofaviscousincompressible?uid n in a domain ? of the Euclidean spaceR , described by the equations of Navier- Stokes. The book is mainly directed to students familiar with basic functional analytic tools in Hilbert and Banach spaces. However, for readers' convenience, in the ?rst two chapters we collect, without proof some fundamental properties of Sobolev spaces, distributions, operators, etc. Ather important objective is to formulate the theory for a completely general domain ?. In particular, the theory applies to arbitrary unbounded, n-smooth domains. For this reason, in the nlinear case, we have to restrict ourselves to space dimensions n=2,3 that are also most signi?cant from the physical point of view. For mathematical generality, we will develop the l- earized theory for all n? 2. Although the functional-analytic approach developed here is, in principle, kwn to specialists, its systematic treatment is t available, and even the diverseaspectsavailablearespreadoutintheliterature.However,theliterature is very wide, and I did t even try to include a full list of related papers, also because this could be confusing for the student. In this regard, I would like to apologize for t quoting all the works that, directly or indirectly, have inspired this mograph.
- Author BiographyHermann Sohr is professor of mathematics, especially mathematical fluid mechanics, at the University Paderborn, Germany.
- Author(s)Hermann Sohr
- PublisherSpringer Basel
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- Series TitleModern Birkhauser Classics
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer Basel
- Content Notebiography
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementReprint of the 1st edition 2001 by Birkhauser Verlag, Switzerland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.