All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first edition of the NEATS. A third edition is available. The third edition is much longer and has several new chapters on applications of the NEATS to cases and to common childhood issues. The NEATS is a child and family assessment that directs practitioner attention to five areas of human development and functioning that research has established as fundamental. These areas are neurobiology, executive function, attachment, trauma, and self-regulation. The title NEATS draws from the first letter of each of the five areas. The assessment is competency-based and ecological. It guides practitioners to identify resources, strengths, compe-tencies, and resilience within the ecologies in which children and families live their lives. The final chapter of this books shows how to use a NEATS assessment with autism spectrum disorders. A must book for parents and professionals.
- Author BiographyJANE F. GILGUN, Ph.D., LICSW, is professor, School of Social Work, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA. She has done research on how children, adolescents, and their families cope with adversities for more than 25 years. She has published widely, most recently on the NEATS assessment. She has presented locally, nationally, and internationally on resilience, violence, and treatment approaches that build on client competencies. She has developed many assessment tools based on her research. Professor Gilgun has a Ph.D. in child and family stud-ies from Syracuse University, a master's in social work from the University of Chicago, and a licentiate in family studies and sexuality from the Catholic University of Louvain, Bel-gium. In addition, she has a bachelor's and master's degree in English literature.
- Author(s)Jane F Gilgun Ph D
- Date of Publication16/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.