All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Necropastoral: Poetry, Media, Occults, poet Joyelle McSweeney presents an ecopoetics and a theory of Art that reflect such biological principles as degradation, proliferation, contamination, and decay. In these ambitious, bustling essays, McSweeney resituates poetry as a medium amid media; hosts strange meetings of authors, texts, and artworks across the boundaries of genre, period, and nation; and examines such epiphemena as translation, anachronism, and violence. Through readings of artists as diverse as Wilfred Owen, Andy Warhol, Harryette Mullen, Roberto Bola, Aime Cesaire, and Georges Bataille, The Necropastoral shows by what strategies Art persists amid lethal conditions as a spectacular, uncanny force.
- Author BiographyJoyelle McSweeney is Associate Professor of English at the University of Notre Dame, USA. Her first collection of poetry, The Red Bird, was chosen by Allen Grossman to inaugurate the Fence Modern Poets Series in 2001. Her poetry, hybrid fiction and other prose, translations, and critical writings have appeared in journals such as the Boston Review, American Book Review, and boundary2. With Johannes Goransson, she publishes Action Books and Action, Yes, a press and web-quarterly dedicated to international writing and hybrid forms.
- Author(s)Joyelle McSweeney
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePoets on Poetry
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Weight240 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.