Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description'This book covers a significant gap in the relatively spare literature on the person of the counsellor...the chapters...are written in an easy and accessible style' - Counselling, The Journal of the British Association for Counselling 'This book...covers a wide range of topics, including complex matters such as social, cultural, intellectual and personal needs...It is an interesting trot round some very important topics' - Self & Society In this powerful book, leading counsellors and psychotherapists discuss the emotional, physical, social and professional needs of people who work, or would like to work, in a therapeutic setting, and examine how those needs can be best fulfilled within the rapidly changing context of counselling and psychotherapy today. Drawing on their own experience, views, research and clinical practice, contributors cover topics such as the politics and issues of training, self-development, evaluation, social responsibility and competence.
- Author BiographyIan Horton is a Principal Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy and Course Director of the Diploma/MA in Therapeutic Counselling/Psychotherapy at the University of East London. He is an Accredited Counsellor and Fellow of the BAC. Ved Varma is now retired. He worked as an educational psychologist at the Tavistock Clinic, London. CONTRIBUTORS Judith Baron British Association of Counselling Rugby Rowan Bayne University of East London Michael Carroll Private Practice Cassie Cooper University of Westminster Joyce Cramond Private Practice Simon du Plock Regents College London Zack Eleftheriadou Private Practice Colin Feltham Hallam University Sheffield Hazel Johns University of Bristol Alan Lidmila Private Practice John McLeod Keele University Alex McGuire Private Practice Brian Thorne University of East Anglia Emmy van Deurzen Schiller University London Sue Wheeler University of Birmingham
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/11/1997
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIan E. Horton,Ved Varma
- Foreword byEmmy Van Deurzen-Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.