All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionCrafting likable, interesting characters is a balancing act, and finding that perfect mix of strengths and weaknesses can be difficult. But the task has become easier thanks to The Negative Trait Thesaurus. Through its flaw-centric exploration of character arc, motivation, emotional wounds, and basic needs, writers will learn which flaws make the most sense for their heroes, villains, and other members of the story's cast. This book's vast collection of flaws will help writers to explore the possible causes, attitudes, behaviors, thoughts, and related emotions behind their characters' weaknesses so they can be written effectively and realistically. Common characterization pitfalls and methods to avoid them are also included, along with invaluable downloadable tools to aid in character creation. Written in list format and fully indexed, this brainstorming resource is perfect for creating deep, flawed characters that readers will relate to.
- Author BiographyAngela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi are co-creators of The Bookshelf Muse, an award winning online resource for writers. The Negative Trait Thesaurus is the second book in their descriptive writing series, along with The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Emotion, and The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes. Members of SCBWI and writers of middle grade and young adult fiction, both authors lead workshops at regional conferences throughout North America and teach webinars at WANA International. They can be found at www.writershelpingwriters.net.
- Author(s)Angela Ackerman,Becca Puglisi
- PublisherJadd Publishing
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJadd Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.