All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nehrus is being revived as a Classic Reissue. This book has established itself as a standard biography of Motilal and Jawaharlal Nehru. It provides a gripping survey of seventy momentous years of Indian History between 1861 and 1931. This edition carries a new Preface where the author talks about how and why he embarked on writing this book. Father and son played very different parts in the national struggle; but so intertwined were their lives that they influenced each other, t least when they differed. Love of ones children is a natural and common eugh emotion, but in the case of Motilal, it had a rare quality, which Gandhi, a deeply religious man, described as divine. It carries a section analysing Jawaharlal Nehrus role in the national movement after 1931, his relationship with Gandhi, and his contribution as Indias first Prime Minister until his death in 1964.
- Author BiographyB.R. Nanda is formerly Founder-Member, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, New Delhi.
- Author(s)B. R. Nanda
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note9 black and white photographs
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.