Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook analyses the different types of shields used by soldiers in the Neo-Assyrian army and their opponents. Written, visual, and material sources are analysed to illustrate practical aspects of defensive weaponry in the ancient Near East in the first millennium B.C. The origins, use, evolution, and manufacture of shields are considered in presenting a typology of these objects. The first study of its kind, this work will appeal to advanced scholars, graduate students, general n-specialists, and re-enactors alike.
- Author BiographyFabrice De Backer received his doctorates in Ancient Near Eastern Philology and History from the Universite Catholique de Louvain-La-Neuve and Sciences of Antiquity from the Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg II. He is a military history enthusiast as well as an archaeologist. He is author of The Neo-Assyrian Art of Siege Warfare (Brill, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Evelyne Dehenin,Fabrice De Backer
- PublisherLockwood Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMaterial Culture of the Ancient Near East
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationAtlanta
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLockwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width144 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.