Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.57
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $42.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $30.49
About this product
- Description50% OFF DISCOUNT CODE: S6BUVQDN This is your guide into the mysterious world of the Allegewi Hopewell mound builders, 1000 B.C.-500 A.D. 222 mound and earthworks sites have been photographed, with directions provided in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and Michigan. This is the result of 13 years of field work, investigating over 700 burial mound and earthwork sites. There are other travel guides to the burial mounds and earthworks, but for every mound and earthwork site that you visit, you will have passed by 3. The Allegewi Hopewell worshipped their ancestors and believed the dead were part of a mystified past that formed a collective that would govern the future. The earthen and stone temples were constructed to venerate the Sun Father and the Earth Mother. Discover the solar alignments of the solstices and equix within the geometric and hilltop earthworks. Learn the signs within the natural landscape at mound and earthwork sites that were part of the worship of the Earth Mother. This publication reveals for the first time, the secrets of the ancient civilzation kwn as the Allegewi Hopewell; who deserve to take their place amongst the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans as a people kwn for conquest, building and empire.
- Author BiographyFritz Zimmerman is an unaffiliated scholar who has spent thirteen years in both academic pursuits and field work in search of the origins and ruins of the Allegewi Hopewell mound builders. The purpose of this research was to reveal for the first time the extent of the ancient prehistoric ruins in the Ohio Valley and make this information available anyone who wishes to explore the ruins of the mysterious people known as the Allegewi (Adena) Hopewell mound builders.
- Author(s)Fritz Zimmerman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.