All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a result of our combined major interests in oral and facial function. Since most of our research efforts have been concentrated on fundamental neural mechanisms, the book emphasizes basic research in this area. However, our back- grounds in clinical dentistry have always made us acutely aware of the relevance of these findings to clinical problems in dentistry and medicine, and such correlations are emphasized throughout the text. The term, oral and facial function, will here include the sensory and motor neural mechanisms of the face, mouth, pharynx, and larynx. Detailed discussions of nasal function, olfaction, and speech mechanisms have been omitted; these areas would encompass a book in themselves. A chapter on the subject of taste presents a brief overview in relation to other chapters in the book and clinical significance. We have t intended each chapter to be a review of the literature in a given area but have chosen to emphasize significant findings for total function of the area. References are limited to review articles whenever possible and the reader is invited to search such reviews for original articles of interest. Where such reviews are t available, original articles are usually referenced so that the book provides a path to source material for those so inclined. Some of the chapters on special areas of interest such as teeth, periodontium, and jaw reflexes, however, are extensively referenced because of their unique relationship to the subject matter of the book.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRonald Dubner
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.