All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeading neuroscience researchers offer a fresh perspective on neuronal function by examining all its many components-including their pertubation during major disease states-and relate each element to neuronal demands. Topics range from the dependency of neurons on metabolic supply, as well as on both ion and transmitter homeostasis, to their close interaction with the myelin sheath. Also addressed are the astrocytic signaling system that controls synaptic transmission, the extracellular matrix and space as communication systems, the role of blood flow regulation in neuronal demand and in blood-brain barrier function, and inflammation and the neuroimmune system. Insightful and integrative, The Neuronal Environment: Brain Homeostasis in Health and Disease demonstrates a clear new understanding that neurons do t work in isolation, that they need constant interactions with other brain components to process information, and that they are t the only information processing system in the brain.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleContemporary Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight766 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byWolfgang Walz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2002
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.