Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionNow available for the first time as a three-volume set, The New Anthology of American Poetry offers the most compelling and wide-ranging selection of poems from the nation's beginnings to the present day. Extensive introductions, tes, and foottes make the great poems of each period fully accessible for the first time. Each anthology invites readers into a diverse world of poetry and culture. Some of the poems are deeply personal, some explore the mystery of otherness, and some concentrate on the enigmas and beauty of poetry itself. The words are rich, contradictory, and challenging. The poets grapple with life and language, striving to say something about themselves and the world we share. Their works reflect the nation's dizzying cultural changes and provide timeless insights.
- Author BiographySteven Gould Axelrod is Distinguished Professor of English at the University of California, Riverside. He is the author of Robert Lowell: Life and Art and Sylvia Plath: The Wound and the Cure of Words. Camille Roman is Visiting Scholar at Brown University and Emeritus Professor of English at Washington State University. She is the author of Elizabeth Bishop's World War II-Cold War View. Thomas Travisano is a professor of English at Hartwick College. He is the author of Elizabeth Bishop: Her Artistic Development and the principal editor of Words in Air: The Complete Correspondence Between Elizabeth Bishop and Robert Lowell.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight3084 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine109 mm
- Edited byCamille P. Roman,Steven Gould Axelrod,Thomas Travisano
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.