The New Codependency: Help and Guidance for Today's Generation by Melody Beattie (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by azuriteucanread
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn <i>Codependent No More, </i> Melody Beattie introduced the world to the term <i>codependency.</i> Now a modern classic, this book established Beattie as a pioneer in self-help literature and endeared her to millions of readers who longed for healthier relationships. Twenty-five years later concepts such as self-care and setting boundaries have become entrenched in mainstream culture. Now Beattie has written a followup volume, <i>The New Codependency, </i> which clears up misconceptions about codependency, identifies how codependent behavior has changed, and provides a new generation with a road map to wellness. The question remains: What is and what is t codependency? Beattie here reminds us that much of codependency is rmal behavior. It's about crossing lines. There are times we do too much, care too much, feel too little, or overly engage. Feeling resentment after giving is t the same as heartfelt generosity. Narcissism and self-love, enabling and nurturing, and controlling and setting boundaries are t interchangeable terms. In <i>The New Codependency, </i> Beattie explores these differences, effectively invoking her own inspiring story and those of others, to empower us to step out of the victim role forever. Codependency, she shows, is t an illness but rather a series of behaviors that once broken down and analyzed can be successfully combated. Each section offers an overview of and a series of activities pertaining to a particular behavior -- caretaking, controlling, manipulation, denial, repression, etc. -- enabling us to personalize our own step-bystep guide to wellness. These sections, in conjunction with a series of tests allowing us to assess the level of our codependent behavior, demonstrate that while it may t seem possible w, we have the power to take care of ourselves, matter what we are experiencing. Punctuated with Beattie's rewned candor and intuitive wisdom, <i>The New Codependency</i> is an owner's manual to learning to be who we are and gives us the tools necessary to reclaim our lives by reuncing unhealthy practices.
- Author(s)Melody Beattie
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication23/02/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight252 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.