All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Confessions is the outrageous, extraordinary, hilarious and heartbreaking autobiography of John James Todd, a Scotsman born in 1899 and one of the great self-appointed (and failed) geniuses of the twentieth century. 'An often magnificent feat of story-telling and paramic reconstruction ...John James Todd's reminiscences carry us through the ups and downs of a long and lively career that begins in genteel Edinburgh, devastatingly detours out to the Western Front, forks off, after a period of cosy family life in London, to the electric excitements of the Berlin film-world of the Twenties, then moves on to Hollywood ...to ordeal by McCarthyism and eventual escape to Europe' Peter Kemp, Observer.
- Author BiographyWilliam Boyd was born in 1952 in Accra, Ghana and grew up there and in Nigeria. His first novel, A Good Man in Africa (1981), won the Whitbread First Novel Award and the Somerset Maugham Prize. His other novels include An Ice Cream War (1982, shortlisted for the 1982 Booker Prize and winner of the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize), Stars and Bars (1984), The New Confessions (1987), Brazzaville Beach (1990, winner of the McVitie Prize and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize), The Blue Afternoon (1993, winner of the 1993 Sunday Express Book of the Year Award), Armadillo (1998), Any Human Heart (2002, winner of the Prix Jean Monnet) and Restless (2006, winner of the Costa Novel of the Year Award). His latest novel is Sweet Caress (2015). Some seventeen of his screenplays have been filmed, including The Trench (1999), which he also directed, and he is also the author of four collections of short stories: On the Yankee Station (1981), The Destiny of Nathalie 'X' (1995), Fascination (2004) and The Dream Lover (2008). He is married and divides his time between London and South West France.
- Author(s)William Boyd
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight405 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.