All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe previous edition of this w-classic book revealed the existence and subversive manipulations of ecomic hit men . John Perkins wrote that they are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murde . In Perkin's case the tool was debt-convincing strategically important countries to borrow huge amounts of money for ermous, development projects that served the very rich while driving the country deeper into poverty and debt. And once indebted, these countries could be controlled. In this last edition, Perkins provides revealing new details about how he and others did their work. But more importantly, in an explosive new section he decribes how the EHM tools are being used around the world more widely than ever-even in the U.S. itself. The cancer has metastasized, yet most people still arent aware of it. Fear and debt drive the EHM system. We are hammered with messages that terrify us into believing that we must pay any price, assume any debt to stop the enemies who we are told lurk at our doorstep. The EHM system- employing false ecomics, bribes, surveillance, deception, debts, coups, assassinations, unbridled military power-has become the dominant system of ecomics, government and society today. It has created what Perkins calls a Death Ecomy . But Perkins offers hope: he concludes with dozens of specific, concrete suggestions for actions all of us can take to wrest control of our world away from the ecomic hit men, and help give birth to a Life Ecomy.
- Author BiographyJohn Perkins was formerly Chief Economist at a major international consulting firm where he advised the World Bank, United Nations, the IMF, U.S. Treasury Department, Fortune 500 corporations and governments in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Author(s)John Perkins
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.