All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionA reissue of McCabe's study of the sacraments and what it means to live in the Church and the Church's world, The New Creation explores how human beings can reach real unity with one ather and the world around them through the Spirit of Christ. The New Creation engages with themes like the Word of God, the Son of God, the meaning of community and communion and the sacraments as mysteries of human unity; the place of physical healing in the redeemed world and the Old-Testament and pagan religious foundations upon which modern Christianity is built. There is a humane simplicity in McCabe's insights into all of these subjects, similar to that found in the Gospels, which provides the reader with clarity on inherently complex theological issues. 'Christ is present to us in so far as we are present to each other' as McCabe tells us and this book plainly and vividly encourages us to find the company of both.
- Author BiographyHerbert McCabe was a Dominican Friar and theologian of outstanding originality who died in 2001. He was deeply influential on philosophers such as Anthony Kenny and Alasdair MacIntyre and poets and writers like Terry Eagleton and Seamus Heaney.
- Author(s)Herbert McCabe
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.