All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a snapshot of the most interesting curatorial practices in the art world today. There is an emphasis on the 'w': the introduction sketches in the development of curatorial practices since the 1980s but the shows under scrutiny in the following 25 case studies have all taken place in the last few years. The selected exhibitions - chosen by an expert panel of curators - run the global gamut, from Europe and the US through Africa and the Middle East to China, and illustrate the particular challenges for curators working in both the commercial and public sectors. Large-scale shows and pop-up exhibits, permanent-collection rehangs and art fairs all have a place here. Each highly illustrated case study is structured around an interview with the curator responsible for the show. The text both tells the story of the shows making and fills in background information about the curator's work.
- Author BiographyNatasha Hoare is Curator at Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art. She holds an MA in Curating from Chelsea College of Art and Design, London; and a BA in English Literature from Edinburgh University. Prior to joining Witte de With she worked as Assistant Curator for the Visual Arts Section of the Marrakech Biennale 5 (2014) and for On Geometry and Speculation, a parallel project for the Marrakech Biennale 4 (2012). She has previously worked as Studio Manager for artist Mark Wallinger and Special Projects Manager for artist Shezad Dawood. Natasha regularly contributes to Ibraaz, ExtraExtra, Elephant Magazine, The Gourmand, and Saatchi publications.
- Author(s)Coline Milliard,Jonathan Watkins,Natasha Hoare,Rafal Niemojewski
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleElephant Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1180 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.