All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative decorating book is a unique combination: a reference book that covers the whole spectrum of window treatments from classical swags and tails to minimalist breaths of muslin -The New Curtain Book is the curtain bible for the twenty-first century. Inside, Stephanie Hoppen presents a series of fascinating master-classes about today's fashionable window treatments, given by more than thirty of the world's most invative designers. The designs illustrated and described show the whole paply of contemporary styles and materials. There are classes in classical, traditional designs, and in modern, simple ones; equal weight is also given to dramatic, smart, romantic and country curtains. The fabrics and materials so creatively used by the designers include everything w possible -from glamorous silk, velvet, taffeta and cashmere, through rural prints, formal stripes, canvas and ticking, to twenty-first century Perspex panels, crystal beads and metallic coile. All tastes are represented here, from the unashamedly rich to the most light and neutral of schemes. Supplementing each master-class are portfolios of examples of the work of many other designers, with an emphasis on their own particular invations, as well as a wealth of technical advice. Concluding with a directory of styles of curtain, accessories, fabrics and blinds as well as a list of outlets where the essentials can be purchased, The New Curtain Book challenges the boundaries of soft furnishing to provide curtain couture at the cutting edge.
- Author BiographyStephanie Hoppen started out as a dealer in antiquarian books before her love of art won her over and she opened her gallery in London, offering an eclectic selection of prints, paintings, sculpture, glass and furniture to an international clientele. In addition to accruing 35 years' experience in the art business, Stephanie has developed an innate sense of colour and a unique eye for colour trends. She is author of numerous best-selling books including The New Curtain Book, Picture Perfect, Perfect Neutrals, Perfect Curtains and Perfect Palettes.
- Author(s)Stephanie Hoppen
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/04/2007
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note300 colour photos
- Width235 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.