All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStraightforward recommendations for healthy eating that easy on the gut... Hopeful and helpful. --<b><i>Publishers Weekly</i></b> In this completely revised and updated edition of his classic book on treating bad gut diseases, Dr. James Scala presents a new dietary plan that has been proven to help inflammatory bowel disease go into remission. Scala firmly believes that nutrition is preventative medicine and food is the vehicle of its practice. His drug-free food and lifestyle program offers relief from the pain and embarrassment of living with these mysterious and chronic ills while providing reassuring step-by-step guidance on: - Developing a personal testing program to identify foods that cause, aggravate, or relieve flare-ups - Keeping a food and lifestyle diary - How food allergies affect IBD - What to do if you are lactose, alcohol, or sugar intolerant - Reducing inflammation through complex carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fiber, and the omega-3 oils found in fish and leafy vegetables - The do's and don'ts of food selection - Techniques for stress reduction and overall fitness - Vitamin and mineral supplements, and their recommended dosages - Specific cooking methods that can prevent flare-ups - Medicinal foods that bring flare-ups into remission - The role stress, anger, fear, and other emotions play - The healing power of vitamin E - IBD and children <b>The New Eating Right for a Bad Gut</b> offers a solid program for health that is uniquely focused on an area of major concern to a wide segment of the population.</p>
- Author Biography<b>James Scala, Ph.D.</b>, is a certified nutritional specialist who has a B.A. from Columbia University, a Ph.D. from Cornell, and did postdoctoral work at Harvard University. His professional accomplishments include research, teaching, corporate management, lecturing, and writing. He has been the nutritionist for the U.S. Olympic ski team, the Voyager flight, and three Mt. Everest expeditions. He lives in Lafayette, California.
- Author(s)James Scala
- Date of Publication30/03/2000
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.