All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Essential Steiner is a completely new introduction to the philosophy and essential writings of Rudolf Steiner, introduced and edited by Robert McDermott. This new volume offers selections from a wide variety of Steiner's published works, presenting a broad, accessible overview of anthroposophy. In his introduction, McDermott recounts Steiner's life and work, from his childhood and education to his work as a natural scientist, philosopher, scholar, educator, artist, interpreter of culture and seer. He places Steiner in relation to major traditions of thought and explores the genesis and development of anthroposophy. The New Essential Steiner includes selections from Steiner's writings, which are grouped into chapters that demonstrate the breadth of his thinking and spiritual accomplishments. This is an invaluable compendium.
- Author BiographyRobert McDermott is president emeritus and chair of the Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS). He is the editor of the original edition of The Essential Steiner (1984) and is involved in many anthroposophical organizations and institutions.
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRobert McDermott
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.