All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable handbook on all aspects of fatherhood during the first 12 months, by the author of The Expectant Father. The essential handbook for all things first-year father is w fully updated and revised. Not only will new dads get a month-by-month guide to their baby's development, men reading The New Father will learn how they change, grow, and develop over the first twelve months of fatherhood. In each chapter, Brott focuses on What's Going On with the Baby; What You're Going Through; What's Going On with Your Partner; You and Your Baby; Family Matters; and more. The latest research, as well as time-hored wisdom--and humor, thanks to New Yorker cartoons and Brott's light touch--make The New Father indispensible for the modern father who doesn't want to miss a moment of his child's first year. What's new? * How techlogy is changing fatherhood * Changing definitions of fatherhood * Changes in the way society deals with dads--from changing tables in public men's rooms to workplace flexibility * Research proving that a father's love is just as important as a mother's * How being an involved dad rewires a man's brain * How changes in women's roles in the family affect dads and their roles * Special concerns for: young dads, older dads, at-home dads, unmarried dads, dads in same-sex couples, dads in blended families, dads of kids with special needs, and men who became dads with the help of techlogy * The special impact dads have on girls and boys * Specific strategies dads can use to get--and stay--involved in their children's lives * Updated resources for new fathers Not to mention new research and information on: * How to understand what your baby is telling you * Babies' amazing abilities * Baby massage--they love it! * The latest on vaccinations and healthcare * And much, much more
- Author BiographyArmin A. Brott has devoted the last 15 years to providing men with the tools, support, and knowledge to help them become the fathers they want to be----and their families need them to be. His seven critically acclaimed books for fathers have sold well over a million copies. Titles include The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be and The Military Father: A Hands-on-Guide for Deployed Dads. He has written on fatherhood for hundreds of newspapers and magazines and is a frequent guest on such television programs as the Today Show. He also writes a nationally syndicated newspaper column (Ask Mr. Dad), and hosts a syndicated radio show (Positive Parenting). He lives with his family in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Armin A. Brott
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleNew Father Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.