All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCreating settings where great art can live in harmony with the style of the interiors and provide an elegant and inviting living space for the collectors is the hallmark of James Aman's design. His goal is to integrate contemporary, often provocative works of art into brighter, more open spaces that inspire and delight the collectors and complement the way they live. Working collaboratively with his clients, Aman applies the same artistic principles of light, color, texture, and scale that characterize the world's best art in the selection of fabrics and furnishings that surround and enhance the collections. The look that has evolved is more open, streamlined, and tailored, but it is still respectful of classic details. Sumptuous materials and bespoke furniture and decorative objects, often the work of partner John Meeks, complement art collections that include works by Picasso, Dubuffet, Giacometti, Rothko, and Warhol as well as contemporary masters like John Currin, Damien Hirst, Cindy Sherman, and Richard Prince. The New Formal includes ten magnificent residences--landmark Park Avenue apartments and Upper East Side townhouses in New York as well as stunning properties in Greenwich, the Hamptons, and Palm Beach. Unlike many designers, Aman works exclusively with a small number of loyal clients whose trust he has gained over multiple projects. His portfolio offers an unprecedented glimpse into this rarified world.
- Author BiographyJames Aman opened his own design firm in 1994. A graduate of Pratt Institute, he began his design career at Ralph Lauren, developing the visual environment for shops and department store boutiques worldwide. Now in partnership with John Meeks and Meredith Aman, Aman is recognized internationally as a designer of elegant settings for major collections of modern and contemporary art. The work of Aman & Meeks is widely published, particularly in Elle Decor and Architectural Digest.
- Author(s)James Aman,Mark Stephen Archer
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Content Note200
- Weight1610 g
- Width229 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.