All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $38.94Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $44.71
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.42
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.29
- AU $7.96Trending at AU $12.58
About this product
- DescriptionVancouver's Granville Island Public Market, established in 1979, is one of Canada's largest and most popular public markets. Featuring over fifty food retailers and day vendors, the Public Market is the main draw at Granville Island, which also features art galleries, retail shops, a live theatre, a hotel, and an art school as well as a functioning cement company, making it one of the biggest tourist attractions in a city that is regularly ranked as one of the world's top destinations by Cond? Nast Traveler. The New Granville Island Market Cookbook features a bounty of recipes using fresh produce, gourmet meats, wild seafood, artisanal cheeses, fresh pasta, and other goods found at this or any other public market offering quality, healthful, seasonal foods. Full-colour throughout, the book also includes lively food photos, Market snapshots, and profiles of the Market's dedicated vendors, several of whom have been purveying their wares for many years.Taking off from the original bestselling Granville Island Market Cookbook (published twenty-seven years ago, in 1985), this brand-new collection comments on changes in food culture since the first book was released, and features such market-fresh recipes as barbecued leg of lamb, penne with spot prawns, Ni?oise sandwich, orange and pomegranate salad, and roasted figs. This beautiful cookbook offers readers delectable, fresh, and healthy recipes for every month of the year while providing vibrant and engaging portraits of life at the Market.
- Author BiographyJudie Glick was one of Granville Island Public Market's first merchants when it opened in 1979, as co-owner of the Fraser Valley Juice and Salad Bar. She was co-author of the original Granville Island Market Cookbook in 1985 and has been writing about food since 1968. Carol Jensson was one of Granville Island Public Market's first merchants when it opened in 1979, as owner of the Blue Parrot coffee bar. Carol is now a food stylist for Vancouver's film and photography industry.
- Author(s)Carol Jensson,Judie Glick
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width203 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.