The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: A Delicious Alternative for Lifelong Health by Nancy Harmon Jenkins (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.83+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe eating style proven to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Spanning the Mediterranean from Spain to France, Italy, and Greece, with side trips to Leban, Cyprus, and North Africa, this revised and updated edition of Nancy Harmon Jenkins's acclaimed cookbook offers ninety-two mouthwatering new dishes plus the latest information about the nutritional benefits of one of the world's healthiest cuisines. But best of all are the recipes--bursting with flavor, easy to prepare, and sure to please everyone at your table, whether you're cooking for yourself, your family, or your friends. Kwn for classic favorites like tabbouleh and ratatouille, flatbreads, pastas, zesty herbs, and flavorful oils pressed from succulent olives, the Mediterranean diet combines delicious taste with health-supportive ingredients as few other cuisines do. With an emphasis on fruits and vegetables, grains and legumes, fish, lean meats, and heavenly desserts, here are recipes for over 250 outstanding dishes created for today's American kitchens. You'll also find new cooking techniques and a simplified approach to cooking--because simplicity is what the Mediterranean way of eating is all about. Experienced and vice cooks alike will be inspired by these delectable, seasonally inspired recipes ranging from sweet young Roman-style peas for spring to skewered shrimp for summer, robust North African Pumpkin Soup when autumn is in the air, and warming winter dishes like Lebanese Garlicky Roast Chicken and Cypriote Braised Pork with Wine, Cinnamon, and Coriander--plus a variety of fabulous pizzas and dinner pies, hearty salads like Tuscan panzanella, and satisfying small dishes kwn as tapas. Also included is a special selection of traditional dishes prepared for Islamic, Jewish, and Christian holidays that can be enjoyed year round. Rich in flavor and healthy nutrients but low in saturated fats and cholesterol, here are recipes that will delight your palate, urish body and soul--and can be prepared with ease in your home kitchen.
- Author BiographyNancy Harmon Jenkins is a food writer with a passionate interest in Mediterranean cultures and cuisines, sustainable agriculture, and farm-to-market connections. Author of half a dozen highly acclaimed cookbooks, she writes for the New York Times, Saveur, and Food & Wine, and divides her time between her farmhouse outside of Cortona, Italy, and the coast of Maine.
- Author(s)Nancy Harmon Jenkins
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date30/11/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width185 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Foreword byPaulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition Food Studies and Public Health and Professor of Sociology Marion Nestle
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.