Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $38.95Trending at AU $40.15
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $30.38Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionA complete reproduction of the 1869 Loftus bar book entitled The New Mixing Book with a new introduction by Ross Bolton. One may think it transcendental to ask, What is gin? What is rum? But early bartenders with their Jerry Thomas How to Mix Drinks in hand had to make their own cuts of liquor. For those trying to recreate these drinks of days past it therefore becomes impossible without this book to kw how strong were cocktail ingredients. Loftus was a London, England manufacturer for the wine and spirit trade. In this book one will find gauging instruments, corking machines, corkscrews, bottling taps, labels, and much more. In the book they list information and instruction for diluting gin, brandy, whiskey, rum, cordials and liqueurs. It should be ted that the recipes are most often in gallon measurements, so as to be most useful to brewers and barkeeps of the times.
- Author BiographyRoss Bolton has republished this book to bring its information to everyone.
- Author(s)Ross Bolton
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.